It's so hard to believe how fast this past year has gone. Now I'm down to only 24 days left in this beautiful country. It's a scary thought, but so incredible to see all of what God has accomplished in the past year. He is so faithful. Able to do above what we ask or even think. Many things to give praise for in this update so lets get started.
June was our last month for school program's. Our p7 transition "Movin' On Up" program finished quite well. Our last school was one of the smallest primary schools we do programs in, there was only 5 p7's, which made for some interesting times. Both Nadine and I agreed that it was probably our favorite of the 6 schools we did the program in. The kids were so lively, and made the experience quite enjoyable, and lets just say I'll never forget some of the questions asked during question time!
It was also a busy month in the fact that most of our regular program finished off at the end of June for summer holidays. Such as, drop-in, girls group, and boys group. We've been having a few new girls come along to girls group which has been really good, but some of our regulars have drifted off-pray that in the fall they will all come back, and that God would provide Nadine with some extra volunteers to give her a hand with that. Our last 2 girls groups in particular went really well, the girls were really well behaved and we all had a lot of fun. Praise God for that!
As our regular programs were coming to an end for the summer, preparation and work for our summer programs began. Summer Camp so far has been the highlight of my entire year. It was this past week from July 1-6th. We took 12 of our boys, (two ended up pulling out at the last minute) and it was such and incredible week for relationship building. It started out a bit rough as the younger group of guys were just being real fun spoilers but, the majority of them were brilliant. I knew that the week was going to have so much potential and I knew God was going to do a great work, but He did far above what I expected. I was so humbled when four of our boys came to know and trust in Him as their personal saviour. Praise JESUS!!! Two of the boys in particular I had met last year at Project 32, both of them are a wee bit older, ones 17 (Ian), and ones 16 (Dylan). I have been praying for them both for the past year, and it was so neat to see God answer prayer. Especially with Ian you can tell that the seeds were planted deep. Please be in prayer for these boys. Ian, Dylan, Gary, and Curtis-as we all know with our own walks how difficult it can be let alone for these boys coming from their backgrounds. Pray that God would really give them strength and a hunger to learn more about Him, and that weeds wouldn't come up and choke them, or have fallen on dry ground, but they would grow and produce fruit. Some of the boys are heading to church this Sunday evening with Jonny, for some this will be their first experience in church so pray that the speaker is able to make things really relevant to them. Both Nadine and myself have just been so incredibly thrilled to see what has taken place! Excaliming over and over again to the other about how four of our boys became christians! So amazed by what God has done, and what He is still doing! With Summer Camp having gone so well, in the fall Jonny and Nadine are hoping to start up an alpha course, so prayer for that will be greatly appreciated!
As Summer Camp is now over we have a bit of a break until project 32, which starts in five days. This to has so much potential leading off from summer camp, pray that more lives will be changed, and that more conversations will be had during the intense ten days of ministry. Please be in prayer for the team I'm helping co-lead. There will be seven actual team members, and than Jonny, Nadine, and two of our regular volunteers are jumping on board once we get back to Ballyclare. Pray that the team will bond quickly during training in Belfast. Pray for me as I'm trying to finish up program plans, and go and meet the team for training on Wednesday. Pray that God would also keep us healthy as it is a really intense week, that the team will be changed and filled with excitement for coming to Ballyclare to help minster here, and that we would really see God at work once again. Project 32 is my last thing before my internship ends, so at the end of the week I will be saying goodbye to the majority of my kids, that have been such a huge part of my life for the past year. I'm not looking forward to that so I would appreciate some prayer if you think of it.
With regards to the fall, nothing is for sure yet, I'm still pursuing things with Ontario, should hopefully know more in a couple weeks, pray that God will keep me patient and continue to trust him, as its coming down to the last few weeks and I still don't know where I'll be in the fall. Just really pray that God would direct me to the right place and I wouldn't worry about finances or how I'm going to pay for everything. God has proven Himself so faithful, and I know I can trust Him with the future! Proverbs 16: 9!
No comments:
Post a Comment