Hi All,
Sorry that my May update is a wee bit late, I have just gotten back from my two week trip home for one of my best friends wedding! Thus I'm still recovering from jet lag, and haven't had the gumption to sit down and write this, that is until now. Apologies!
May was a very good month! It's been very encouraging to see that one wee boy grow that I mentioned in my last blog, also a few of his mates, who would have been rather rambunctious in the past (that's putting it lightly) have calmed down, I think they are really starting to recognize that were not people who are going to yell and shout at them, but the centre is a place where they can come and be loved for who they are, no matter their background.
We took a group of 9 boys ( all going to summer camp) up to Glenariff forest park, were we hiked the 4 and half mile waterfall hike, the boys did a great job and made it to the end! This was all to raise money for their summer camp costs. The car ride up was pure banter, Nadz and I took one car full of boys while Jonny took another and one of our volunteers took yet again one more car full. The day proved to be quite entertaining, but also allowed for some good chats with the boys as we were plodding along the trail! The trip only fueled the enthusiasm for Jonny, Nadine, and myself for wanting summer camp to hurry up and come as it will be a week of quality time with these boys and 5 more that have recently signed up!We are now bring a total of 14 to summer camp which is amazing! Really be praying for all of these boys, some of them have never experienced anything like a christian talk before, and were unsure as to how it will go down, but pray that even now as Summer Camp is just 3 weeks away God would be at work in these boys hearts. It's guaranteed to be a week in which none of us will forget.
The two girls I mentioned in my previous blog have started making a return to the centre which has been so encouraging for me personally as well as for Nadz. They started coming back a few days after I left for my whirlwind trip back home, when I got the email from Nadz saying that the one girl Demi had been in, I was overcome with a sense of joy, relief, and eagerness to see her again. Pray that she will continue to come to both drop-in and girls group. Pray for all of our girls, really. Pray that a strong sense of community and friendship would come out of girls group, as of right now the group is quite divided and we would love to see those barriers come down. That it would develop a place which all the girls can come, be themselves, grow together and create lasting friendships.
Our p7 transition is going well, next week we start school number five I believe, I've had to miss two of the schools due to my trip but I'm excited to get back stuck in this coming Monday! It's a little scary to think that we have only one more week of breakfast club for the year (which, by the way I have grown to love) and only 2 and half more weeks of school work before the summer is upon us! Pray that we will still be able to keep in touch with the vast majority of these kids through the summer who wouldn't normally make an appearance at drop-in.
Please be in prayer for all three of us in the office, as it's the end of a long haul and all of us are suffering from a wee bit of exhaustion, pray that God will keep our spirits high, give us energy and strength for the next number of weeks, as this is our busiest next month and half before we all head of for a wee bit of a break before starting back up again in September!
It's crazy to think that I have been here for seven and half months! That being said there is only seven weeks left in my internship and I'm sure you are all wondering whats next for me. God's taught me so much this year, about humility, servant hood, His unconditional love, and the ability to face many of my fears. He's created in me a passion for teens that are falling threw the cracks, and I'm very excited about the possibilities for the fall. Although not looking forward to saying goodbye to these kids that will have been such a huge part of my life for the past 10 months. Pray that I won't focus on the end but take each day as it comes and make the most of every opportunity to continue to build these relationships and to speak truth into their lives.
The Fall-well over my trip home I was able to visit one of the YFC centres that I had applied at over Easter to see if it would be a good fit for me, regrettably after the trip, I left feeling that it just wasn't a good fit, the people were all very friendly and have a great program going on at their location, but I didn't feel the Lord was leading me there. Upon my return from visiting that centre I set up a formal interview with the YFC in Ontario, The interview was intense, but went really well. The director for the Chapter up in Ontario is excited about the prospect of me coming on board as a member of staff. We are currently in the next stage of the process, which involves her (the director) talking to two of the boards in the two towns she things I would be a good fit in. While I work at getting my application and references in. Than if all goes well, upon my return to Canada in the fall they are paying to have me fly out to have my last interview with the selected board and town we have decided on. I'm very excited and God's given a great peace about this, however the fact that I won't know until the fall whether or not I actually have a job is a wee bit stressful, Only once I'm hired on as a staff member am I actually able to start my fundraising. So knowing that upon my return I still have to purchase a car and all the cost for moving from one province to another add up can be a wee bit overwhelming. Pray that I will continue to trust God as He has promised to provide for all my needs. Also please be in prayer about my personal relationship with God that it would continue to grow deeper and stronger, and that as I pursue the dream that God has given me for becoming a full time youth worker, that I wouldn't forget about the One who gave me the dream in the first place.
Thanks for all your love, prayers and support! May God richly bless you!
No comments:
Post a Comment