Thursday, November 3, 2011

The New Adventure

Dear Friends & Family!

Since 2007, upon graduation of high school I’ve moved seven different times I’ve lived in three different countries, had numerous experiences and opportunities dropped into my lap and through all of them I’ve learned a lot. Whether it was through being a Cashier at the local grocery store, or being a student at Bible College in Wyoming, USA, a Bridal Consultant at Bed Bath & Beyond in Calgary, Alberta, or interning as a Youth Worker in Northern Ireland. Most of us when we complete high school don’t
have a clue of what we want to do, or what our passion is. It’s taken the better part of 4 years for God to show me exactly where and what kind of work that I feel most alive, excited, not to mention challenged and scared out of my wits with certain moments doing. God’s used past and present experiences both good and bad to show me where exactly my hearts passion is. There have been times of incredible frustration and even deeper joy in discovering just what my dream job looked like. Well folks, since before Easter this year, while still in Northern Ireland, I’ve been on a journey to find that dream job. Several months later, with countless emails, 5 to 6 different interviews, 2 different trips to YFC (Youth For Christ ) chapter locations, I’ve been offered and have accepted a job in Shelburne, Ontario as a full-time Youth Worker, working alongside at risk youth, encouraging them to meet their full potential, all the while sharing the love of Christ (Jeremiah 29:11) Within the next couple of weeks I will be sending out a new prayer letter, sharing more of my heart and where God is leading and all of what that will entail over the next several months as I make this transition. I would ask that if you’re interested in receiving this letter to find out more, as well as how exactly you can support me in this new adventure that you would message me your postal address as soon as possible along with your email address. Thanks for taking the time to read this even if you’re not interested in find out more, I know your time in this day and age is of great value!

God Bless,

 Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment